Saturday, April 11, 2009

interesting

so the last 4.5 days (yes, the .5 is very important to me) i tried doing an all raw detox. i wanted it to last longer, but i love food too much so decided that it wasn't for me. it was actually a horrible experience and i respect anyone that can do it.

so the bigger question came: why do we subject ourselves to such torture when we could just make some small adjustments and still reach the same goals?

for example, i decided to put my body through 108 hours of eating raw foods, when i could have maybe just cut out some bad stuff and exercise more. i feel that as a society, we want the "easy" solution, but to me, it's a lot harder. anyways, i don't even know if this all makes sense, but i think i would just like to know where that psychology comes into play where i thought: raw diet would be a lot easier than going out to exercise more.

1 comment:

Steph said...

I heard you succumbed to a Costco dog. Tell me it isn't so. =P

No, seriously, those things are dangerous. Dangerously good!