Wednesday, February 25, 2009

jazzy ways


what more could i ask of a tuesday night. hanging at the triple door with some friends, drinking a green dragon and eating veggie buddha rolls, with live music playing in the foreground. i'm enjoying life, maybe a little too much, but then again, we should always take time to smell the roses.

so i now feel confident in using the bus system. with the occasional getting lost, it allows me to see more of the city. there's actually a part of me that likes waiting for the bus, as long as there are no crazies asking me if i can do karate moves or being ill prepared for the chilly winds. last night while waiting for my stretch public transportation, i noticed a couple walking down the street to the stop i was at. as their bus approached, they kissed passionately and continued to do so as the bus stopped, door opened, and waited. my first thoughts were "who are these people, to think they can just make others wait." but as ms lauryn hill was teaching me lessons through my ear buds, my thoughts suddenly turned. as she stepped onto the bus, they locked lips one last time, and as the bus drove away, he tapped twice on the windows and walked away.

i want that. where your time is at a standstill until you are apart. fast forwarding in your mind awaiting the next moments you share together again.

No comments: