Thursday, January 8, 2009

back to the SEA

between the humming of the airplane engine and people eating their dry roasted peanuts, i sat in my seat, partly eavesdropping and slightly envying the conversation behind me. 2 random people, meeting each other and talking as if they've known each other for years. the male, slightly boasting as to where he lives, i couldn't help but root for him spitting a little "game".  

as i slowly got lost in my own thoughts reflecting on this past "vacation", it's amazing how much has happened. the beautiful chaos of prepping for a wedding, reuniting with friends, and finally realizing the purpose for the turbulence in my life. besides the obvious, the only thing i'm truly going to miss are the new faces i've met in the past 3 months with whom i don't get to develop relationships with. but i'm eager to meet brand new people in wa and to apply my resolutions. emotionally, i'm drained, but my spirits are high and i'm about to get my second wind. 

if it were my choice, i would have made that man and woman exchange numbers and have cameras follow them to see how they would effect each other. if the conversation was purely polite or genuine dialogue. i just don't like the thought of being able to converse with someone so much and then going separate ways like it didn't mean anything. i do desire an encounter of such, and maybe i'll muster up the courage on my next flight.

No comments: